Do they cut again just like the tummy tuck? For scar revision with dog ear. (photo)

I had a tummy 4 years ago and I would like to do a scar revision and Lipo with bbl and hip? How does the scar revision perform. So they cut again just like the tummy tuck ? As for the hip do the last forever .

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

You can have all of these procedures done at once. I'd suggest VASER Hi-Def liposuction and body contouring with fat grafting to get the shape you want. Your surgeon can easily revise the scar. If it still needs treatment, lasers and microneedling can help. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Dog ear revision

I would select a revision liposuction expert, preferably a plastic surgeon, to minimize scarring and revise your dog ears. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Scar revision

Depending upon what is needed, if it is just a dog ear, then a small incision on the side is all that is necessary.

Tummy tuck revision and bbl

Hello and thank you for your question. A tummy tuck scar revision, liposuction, and BBL can be performed at the same time.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Revision of dog ear

To excise the dog ear, the incision is made in the existing scar line. It is a small incision and the entire scar is not breached.  This, by itself, can be performed under local anesthesia in an office based setting. Liposuction and BBL would require anesthesia.   The result of both are better if you do not gain and lose weight.