Is the lower bulge in my abdomen normal? 8 weeks post op. (photos)
Doctor Answers 4
Your photos do not show a reason for concern. Swelling in the lower abdomen is to be expected at this stage. Time is your friend moving forward as swelling can take up to six months to resolve. Please continue to follow the instruction provided by your surgeon. Hope this helps.Dr. Ali Mosharrafa
Is the bulge in my lower abdomen normal?
Tummy Tuck Results
You might also like...
Lower Bulge in Abdomen after Tummy Tuck #tummtuck
- From the photos you have posted it appears that you are healing up really nicely after your tummy tuck.
- You aren't going to see your final results 8 weeks after a tummy tuck.
- I would trust your plastic surgeon when he tells you that you still have some swelling.
- The area to stay swollen the longest is the lower abdomen and along the incision, as this area is the most dependent area of the tummy tuck. Gravity simply carries fluid to this region....
- Try to be patient, and over the next couple months you'll likely be very happy with your results.
- Thanks for sharing!
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.