Tip of nose still crooked after septorhinoplasty? (Photos)

I got a septorhinoplasty 13 days ago. Straightened my septum and cartilage, and reshaped one nostril. My nose is straighter and I can breathe better-Yay!. But the tip is still crooked. I can feel with my fingers that the cartilage is still going to one side. Can the swelling also affect the cartilage at the tip? If I pull a little bit on my skin, my nose becomes super straight. It’s so close! Is a straight nose still possible at this point, or do I have to satisfy with just a straighter nose?

Rhinoplasty

The pictures look very nice, .You can't expect that the nose can be made perfectly straight. Best of luck with your results.

Postoperative recovery after septorhinoplasty / nose surgery

Agreed, it is early to see how things will continue to resolve.. in time, will need to see how swelling is and reassessing at that point..

Tip deviation

A perfectly straight nose is not possible - consult with your surgeon about your concern and ask about tip massage to move the tip further to the left in the healing period

Swelling , some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with only 2 weeks after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty results

Overall your nose looks great. I would talk to your doctor about what you have noticed. He can evaluate your nose and determine if this is due to swelling. He may also recommend nasal exercises to help straighten your nose further. In general, 13 days is too soon to judge the final result. Try not to play with your nose because you may displace grafts that your doctor may have placed during your surgery.

Arash Moradzadeh, MD

Early Rhinoplasty Results

Congratulations, you appear to have a nice early rhinoplasty result and as you indicated, it is almost perfectly straight even after only 13 days. A normal recovery takes time for the swelling and tissue to properly heal. I would expect that as you heal you will begin to appreciate further improvements. The less you touch the cartilage and pull on your nose while you heal the better. Manipulation or probing the inside will only add to the swelling and may delay your recovery. Follow your surgeon's post operative care recommendations and keep all scheduled follow up appointments so that you can be monitored and reassured. Best wishes. 

Fred J. Bressler, MD, FACS
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon