Do I need a lift or just anatomic Gummy Bear Implants? (Photos)

Hello, i'm 35 and I have brestfeed to kids, my breast feel empty now cause I lost 25 pound in the last 3 months I workout a lot, I do not want a lift just a full C-D, I love my breast the way they look the nipples are pointing good for me, just don't like that I have past from a C cup to a B cup feeling empty bra, I need to put the pads in it to look fuller and still get free space in the cup! I'm gooing to see Dr Arthur Swift in Montréal soon but i'd like multiple point of view! Thank a lot

Breast lift may be recommended

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
A breast lift may be recommended since you appear to have loose skin on your breasts that may just get looser with implants alone. Your nipples seem to at the line of your breast fold, or even slightly lower, which would also make a breast lift suitable. 

Lift and/or implants

You do have some drooping of the breast tissue (as shown by the effect when you raise the arms), and also some volume loss.  In my experience good results can be achieves with a lollipop breast life and placing implants.  Cup sizes are not standard across bra makers, and implant sizing is NOT based on height, weight, BMI, or desired cup size.  This is something you will need to do IN PERSON with an experienced surgeon to determine what works well for you, and to get advice about if what you like is possible and what to expect with regards to results.  Be sure to discuss your goals and concerns with your board certified plastic surgeon and consider the pros and the cons. Be certain your surgeon is properly certified.  I've attached a link where you can start your search.  

Breast lift

Hello. Although you are not interested in a breast lift, a breast lift with implants would be your best option. Simple breast augmentation would result in very disappointing results. 

Good luck. 

#drburnett #realself100

Do I need a lift or just anatomic Gummy Bear Implants?

Thanks for the question, in your case you need a breast implant according to the size of your chest, it is necessary to lift the areola nipple and you will have a scar at the level of the areola and in the vertical line, if you do not do this, you would have an implant in the midline of the thorax and the nipple areol complex at the furrow level posteriorly. the implant should be placed in the sub muscular region. Thank you.

Guillermo Lorenzo, MD

Lift or Gummy Bear implants?

Thank you for including multiple photographs from different angles.  In my experience, most patients with your amount of skin laxity will not be happy with their appearance if they do not have a lift with the implants.  The tendency is to put in large implants to compensate for the skin laxity, but this often leads to thinning of the tissues even further and more laxity over time.  Although I completely understand your desire to avoid the scars and the more complex surgery, I do not think your best result will be achieved without a lift and implants.  I would highly recommend that you seek out 2 or 3 board-certified plastic surgeons with expertise in cosmetic breast procedures for consultations in person.  That is the best way to assess your degree of skin laxity.  Best wishes for a lovely result! 

Breast augmentation with lift

Jan,

Thanks for the question and photos.

It is difficult to determine if the implant alone will give you what you desire.  The laxity of the breast skin and location of the nipple areolar complex determine if the lift is required.  Some surgeons use very large implants to stretch the skin and fill the pocket.  This often leaves the patient with unwanted huge breasts.

You have SIGNIFICANT skin laxity ("no need caption").  I disagree with the use of anatomical implants...not a fan of them.  I prefer the round smooth silicone moderate plus implant.  They produce so many types of implants to fit the needs of both the surgeon and patient.

Best of luck with your search.

Dr T

Douglas Taranow, DO, FACOS

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a candidate for a breast augmentation using a dual plane technique without need for a formal breast lift.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Lift or No lift?

Thanks for your question.  Traditionally, we consider a breast lift when the nipple position has dropped below the breast fold.  You have what we call "pseudoptosis."  This occurs when the nipple position is good, but the breast tissue itself droops below the fold and happens frequently when the breast tissue support stretches with weight loss and pregnancy.  I will sometime add a periareloar mastopexy when there is loose breast skin to tighten the skin envelope.  This can help your results last longer and controls the diameter of the areola which can stretch with time due to pressure from the implant.  You may be able to avoid a lift by placing a relatively large implant above the muscle, but may not give you the best result possible.  I recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss all of your options.  Good luck!

Brian A. Pinsky, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Lift? implant? both?

Thanks for your question and the photos. Sometimes we consider a lift when the breast is very saggy, like hanging down the the belly button, but your case is a bit different. You have only a moderate degree of droop but more than that that your skin itself is very lax. In that case  a lift may be considered  for skin tightening as well.

When the skin is loose sometimes a surgeon will recommend a very large implant to fill out the loose skin, but that plan can often backfire. One can wind up with a very busty patient who still needs a lift and the larger implant will thin the already loose skin and go even farther south over time.

If your goal is to be larger then I think you would benefit from an implant, but it may not be enough.  In my own practice many of my patients will allow me to use my own judgement about a lift once the implants have been placed in the operating room depending upon what I see. 

I suggest you look at implant sizers and first find the size that fits your frame and achieves your goal. Then let your PS guide you about the possible need for a lift.

If you truly don't want a lift, you can just place implants, allow them to settle 3-6 months, and always add a lift later. 

I can not guide you full without and exam, but with your own PS. best to make a plan that covers all possibilities.

I have included sizing faq below. hoe this has helped.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Alone or With a Lift

Good morning Jan,

Thanks for reaching out.

From your pictures alone I would suggest that likely you can do well with a breast augmentation without a lift.

Your final decision will be balanced with your specific desires for volume and shape against your tissues that have thinned somewhat and might be a little loose.

Larger implants can help fill out an empty breast, but they can have their own problems when it comes to longevity of the result.

Take your time, continue to ask questions. Best of luck with your consult!

Dr Nodwell

Trefor Nodwell, MD
Ottawa Plastic Surgeon