Breast reduction recovery time?

How long should be the recovery in the case that i am a dental student (implying i have to bent forward regularly to treat patients) ? Would one or two weeks be long enough ?

Breast Reduction Recovery

In general you should be able to resume most normal activities by two weeks. You have to plan on not having normal stamina for all activities for about a month after surgery.  Extra rest, limiting activities, and listening to your body will help make sure you have an uneventful recovery. You will likely notice much less neck and back fatigue and pain following breast reduction surgery.

Edina Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction recovery time?

Thank you for your question. I would recommend calling your plastic surgeon office to ask about their recommendation. In general you will need around 4 weeks before heavy lifting. 

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Breast reduction

I usually have patients avoid aerobic activity for 3-4 weeks and heavy lifting for 4-6.  Light duty at work, probably can be restarted within a week or two as tolerated.  Best to check with your surgeon and how you are healing. Good luck.  

Breast reduction recovery time

Two weeks should be more than enough recovery time for what you do. You will actually feel much better bending over with less weight pulling on your neck, back, and shoulders.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction recovery time

Hi-I would say 1 week until you are feeling a bit stronger, 2 weeks till wounds heal fully and you can move about comfortably, 6 weeks before you can do light sports and 3 months for combat sports. Good luck!

Breast reduction recovery time?

Congratulations on your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. If I were you, given your active vocation, I  would take AT LEAST two weeks off before you begin to treat patients.  You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more about breast reduction surgery. Best wishes.