When will I see the full effect of Neograft?

I had neograft done Jan 2015 on the crown part of my head due to PCOS. Since then I have noticed hair growth but not as much as expected. I still need to keep my hair pulled back to hide the spot on my head. I've spent a ton of money and went through alot of physical and emotional healing. I hope that what I have right now is not all I'm going to get

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results. If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results.  If you are concerned it is best to contact your doctor.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Female/Neograft

Results of a hair transplant take a full 12 months to regrow and fill in, sometimes up to 18 months. I would be interested in how many follicles were transplanted. Women often need more than one transplant to reach the density they desire. We highly recommend hair maintenance as well, especially the Ducray products which were developed and studied primarily for women. Don't stress and check into next affordable steps.

Gregory Chambon, MD
Overland Park Family Physician

The full effects of any hair transplantation procedure takes a full year.

We always recommend that our patients continue their treatments; whether it be Propecia, Spironolactone, Minoxidil, or the Ducray products to prevent any further loss of their non-transplanted hair. There will be a natural progression of hair loss, despite the transplant, so treatment can’t stop with the transplant. Many hair transplantation offices give patients the impression that the transplant is the final and only treatment that they will need. Unfortunately this is not true. A transplant can greatly replace what’s been lost (usually not at 100%), but does not prevent further progression of the hair loss in that area.

Elizabeth Arthur, MD
Rochester Dermatologist

Neograft results.

At more than a year after neograft you should know where your results are going to end up.  If you are not happy with it, you most likely will need more hair grafts to give you the desired density.

Lawrence Broder, MD
Cedar Park Family Physician

Neograft results

All hair goes through a growth cycle - there are points during this cycle where the hair isn't actively growing. Transplanting a hair follicle can cause it to stay a rest phase for a while. I don't consider a patient to be at their end result before 1 year post procedure. So while I'd expect you to be seeing nice growth at this point, you could reasonably see continued improvement for another 3-4 months. Good luck, Dr. M

Jared Mallalieu, DO
Annapolis General Surgeon