I'm a dump truck operator in the mines. Would I be able to return to work after surgery in 6 days?

Return To Work

Thank you for your question. If your job involves strenuous activity and in particular, vigorous/strenuous use of your arms, then you will need to plan for more time off of work and/or a modified work assignment. Many Plastic Surgeons will advise that you avoid heavy lifting for about 6 weeks post op. 6 weeks could be reasonable to return to a desk job. I recommend that you discuss your expectations and specific needs with your Plastic Surgeon.
All the best

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Return to work

Hello there . The timing of you return to work will be determined by the type of surgery you have and the type of work you do . Whilst office workers are usually back at work within a week of breast augmentation and within two weeks of a tummy tuck , heavier duties require more recovery time .So unless you can shift to lighter duties I suspect you will need more time off .CheersTS

Terrence Scamp, MBBS, FRACS
Gold Coast Plastic Surgeon

Time off work

Thank you for your question. You may be able to return to work at 6 days post op but it could also take longer with your particular duties.  I would expect that there is quite a bit of bumps and shaking of the truck while you are working and this will likely be uncomfortable at 6 days post op.  Another thing to consider is that you can not be on any narcotic pain relievers and operate heavy machinery for your and others safety.Your surgeon after developing a plan for your augmentation should be able to give you the best guidance for time away from work.  This varies widely from patient to patient.  I've had some patients take 3 weeks some a weekend. 

Best Dr. L

Andre Levesque, MD

Time off work

Each surgeon has their own thoughts about returning to work.  I have taken care of several heavy mine equipment operators in Arizona and recommend they avoid strenuous activity for at least three weeks.  Depending on how physical your job is you will need to proceed accordingly.  It is best to follow your surgeon's instructions.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon