Undistributed fat in belly and pregnancy: Will it remain the same or will it stretch and became round and symmetric fat?

I need your help, year ago I did liposuction in belly and now my belly became undistibuted and disgusting now I am pregnant in 4th month and now I am wondering if my belly will became bigger and remains undistibuted or it will be stretched and round like any pregnant woman

Liposuction - look really bad now I'm pregnant.

Thank you for asking about your liposuction and your pregnancy.

• You are early in your pregnancy -
  • Your belly will become much, much bigger, stretched and rounder.
  • Most of your change will be in the last 3 months of pregnancy.
  • Once you finish having your family, you will probably need a tummy tuck 
  • Don't worry about how you look now - being pregnant feels like forever but it will end in five more months!

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Undistributed fat following pregnancy

Thank you for the question!  Although pregnancy may temporarily alter the results of your procedure, liposuction improvements can effectively return once you resume a healthy and active lifestyle after pregnancy.  It's true that, in the event of pregnancy or ordinary weight gain, fat may be unevenly distributed throughout your body.  Typically, areas treated by liposuction will accumulate less fat than areas left untreated.  In spite of natural changes that come with aging, however, you can expect your liposuction results to last you for many years to come as long as you commit to maintaining a healthy diet and regular exercise.  

As always, an in-person examination with a board-certified plastic surgeon would be the best way to assess your situation and guarantee an individualized medical advice.  Best of luck!  Dr. Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS