Liposuction or CoolSculpting for 18 year old female with hypothyroidism?

I am 18 and interested in CoolSculpting or liposuction on my lower abdomen. I have hypothyroidism which makes it very difficult for me to lose weight. I eat healthy and am very active, but hypothyroidism makes is basically impossible for me to achieve a flat stomach. I have heard some people say that at this age, I may still have "baby fat" that I may lose on my own in the future. Would I still be a good candidate for either of these procedures? If so, which would achieve better results?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Liposuction is a good way to remove areas of fat that are resistant to diet and exercise. If your hypothyroidism is well-controlled, you are healthy and at a stable long-term weight, and have good skin quality on your abdomen then you may be a good candidate for liposuction procedure. Liposuction is not a good procedure to achieve weight loss.

Liposuction of the abdomen is a relatively short procedure. In my office it is performed under general anesthesia. The recovery involves several days of soreness and wearing a garment for 3-6 weeks. The swelling improves dramatically in the first 2-3 months, but final results are not seen for 6-9 months.

Good luck with the process!

Coolsculpting and Results versus Hi Definiton Liposuction

Cool sculpting improves the fat but 20% per treatment, and often requires multiple applicators to be used to get contouring and a few treatments.  A vaser hi definition procedure will give you much more contouring and shaping. I suggest a formal consultation with an expert. Best, Dr. Emer