Push Up Bra Question? (photo)

Hey ladies! I'm a little over 3 weeks post op and was told by my doctor to get fitted and start wearing an underwire bra soon. I'm having a problem with push up bras! I have a lot of "side boob" and really need a push IN bra. The regular push up bras help a little but not nearly the clevage I'd like. Does anyone else have this issue and what would you recommend?

Push up bra after Breast Augmentaion

Thank you for your question. If you are unsatisfied with your results right now, go back to a sports bra or the body armor. Then slowly transition into regular bras. Consult with your plastic surgeon and get his take on this and see what he recommends. Best of luck! 
Double board certified 
Plastic surgeon
Hoffman Estates 

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Push up bra

Thank you for your question. My patients will have a surgical bra that I place at the time of surgery. They normally wear this for the first week or two and then transition to a sports bra that opens in the front. By six weeks, if their implants have sufficiently descended, I let my patients know they can start wearing a normal bra (including a push-up bra). They may still undergo some changes which can change their bra preferences a few months later.

Push up bras

If you feel like you need more movement of the implant towards the cleavage area, I recommend the Under Armor front zip sports bras.  They provide excellent support and help prevent inferior and lateral migration of heavier implants.   

David Marcus, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Post op bras

If you are not satisfied with the bras that you are seeing at the store there are a number of specific post op bras that can help with your implant position.  Design Veronique is a great website to check out.  Discuss the bra with your surgeon prior to purchase.

Bra for larger breasts

I think the best thing for you to do is go to a bra shop and be properly fitted for your new breasts. Good luck!

A need for a bra?

Hello and thanks for your post. As you can see having a bigger breast cup means finding the right bra for the job! Bigger breasts will take up more space in your chest region and may not always cooperate or be easy to handle in a bra like small breasts. It looks like you have  a great result! Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Push Up Bra Question?

It would be helpful to know the implant size and the width of your breasts before your surgery. 

These look like rather large implants, and it may be that they are wider than your breasts. In that case, it is predictable that they would extend beyond the chest wall. There are bras with underwires that support from the sides as well as the bottom. Call around to major department stores or lingerie shops.

All the best.