I'm 5 weeks post upper blepharoplasty, and I still have swelling. Would less salt help?

Dr, had me 2 slacks, steroid cream that's it still swelling I am 65 yrs. old. Can I do anything else? Ice/warm compresses? Exercise? Still sleep upright? Thanks

Blepharoplasty post op

There are definitely steps that help with the recovery process from a blepharoplasty. Eating less salt, cold/cool compresses on the eyes, and sleeping slightly elevated with a couple pillows behind you all help decrease inflammation. It is important to be patient though; it takes about two to three months for all eyelid swelling to completely resolve.

Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling post bleph

This can happen and every person heals differently.Limiting salt,warm compresses , haead up and massage and this should clear shortly..

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Second question you have posted about swelling after blepharoplasty. BUT with posted photos s we the expert responders could offer more detailed advise. Of course decreasing salt intake could help, more info as to your medical history and photos are the best way to receive advise. 

5 weeks post op swelling

Thank you for the question. There is probably no reason to be concerned. It is normal to be swollen 5 weeks after blepharoplasty. Less salt, sleeping with your head elevated and sometimes oral steroids are beneficial. You should follow up with your surgeon for in office evaluation. Give it a few more months before judging it. Good luck.