I had eyelid surgery 5 weeks ago. Bleparplasty (sp)

Is there anything I can do to bring down swelling. He has tried a pack and steroid gel to no avail. Any suggestions

Edema post bleph

The ehaling of any incision will vary from one patient to another.Heat,massage and keeping your head up will help and tincture of time.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Post operative swelling at 5 weeks

Thank you for the question. 5 weeks post blepharoplasty is not that far out from surgery. Swelling can take up to 6 months to fully resolve. Sleeping with your head elevated, cold compresses and oral steroids can be beneficial. See your surgeon if you are concerned,. Good luck.

Swelling post blepharoplasty

Thank you for your question. Sometimes swelling can last up to three months. You can continue to ice and keep your head elevated. Also, you can try taking some Arnica and/or Bromelain that you can buy at the health food store. The swelling will go away it just takes time and patience.

Blepharoplasty 5 weeks of swelling.

You did not post any photos so very hard to determine the reasons for excessive long lasting swelling. 

Swelling 5 Weeks After Blepharoplasty

Different individuals will have different rates of resolution of edema.  Anxiety about this is completely normal, but complete resolution is the norm.  Some patients with thyroid conditions can take longer.  Staying in close contact with your operating Surgeon for advice and reassurance is the best advice I can offer.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post op bleph swelling

Swelling will resolve at very different rates for everyone, and sometimes even from one eye to the other.  I have my patients use warm compresses.  Also have them take an anti-inflammatory such as ibuprofen.  With time the edema will always resolve!   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

One cure - patience

The only answer here is patience. People heal at different rates and unfortunately your eyelids are healing a little slower. The only solution is waiting it out and letting it go back to normal. 99.9% of the time it does. You just need to give it time. 

Chris Thiagarajah, MD
Denver Oculoplastic Surgeon