I've had my hair transplant done on the 7th of August 2016. I'm 29. They took out 3100 grafts from the back of my head (Photo)

i had my head wash after 15 days.im happy with the results but the hair are coming off with roots not when I take a shower or anything but generally.even before the scrubbing I had same issue.doc said the roots are inside and don't worry.im just worried about it as they told me it will all shed then grow back again and the most important thing should I use minoxidil 5% aswell ?? Transplant doc said it's bad to use but my Dermatologist said it's safe.im confuse.please guide

I've had my hair transplant done on the 7th of August 2016. I'm 29.

Greetings

Thank you for your question and photo, 

Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. Women started to experience balding even more in the last 2 decades. It is getting more and more common also in women population. However it is also good to know that this problem is also treatable when it is present in women.

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

Organic Hair Transplantation is a surgical technique that moves individual hair follicles from a part of the body called “donor site” to bald or balding part of the body known as the “recipient site”. Grafts containing hair follicles that are obtained from genetically resistant to balding area transplanted to the bald scalp by latest minimally invasive technique. One of the most important reasons of the hair loss is the decreased quality of the scalp. Therefore to make the only transplantation would provide only a limited benefit without improving the quality of the scalp. In the “Organic Hair Transplantation”

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

3000+ grafts 2 weeks ago

These grafts will normally shed. What I see looks good, but of course, it is only a picture and not like seeing you up front

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

If you trusted your doctor to perform your surgery and your doctor gave you clear instructions why would you doubt

If you trusted your doctor to perform your surgery and your doctor gave you clear instructions why would you doubt your doctor's recommendation and seek a stranger's opinion?  (especially when you are happy with the results)Every doctor has their own post operative instructions.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shedding then grow back again

Shedding off the graft's hair is normal in 2-6 weeks after surgery ...your doc says true..roots are inside and don't worry. I recommend you to use minoxidil 5% as well after surgery for 6 months

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Best to wait

Thanks for the question and I realize how overwhelming this can seem at times. You will really only be able to start noticing the real changes from your hair transplant around months 6-9+. It is very important to have regular follow-ups with your transplant Doctor in at least 3 month intervals as well.As far as using Minoxidil 5%, we recommend waiting for a couple months before using it after your transplant as it can dry out the area and lower the success rate of the grafts. But after that, it is definitely important to use at least that to slow down the process of losing any more of your hair.I hope this helps

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon