Shampoo causing hair loss after 1 month of hair transplant?

So on day 28th i went to my doctor for a follow up . She asked me to apply nizral 2% shampoo and asked to massage my scalp well since i had dandruff. i came home and applied shampoo, massaged(not very gentle but not too vigorously also) . what i saw is after applying shampoo and massaging my hairs. i lost almost 15 transplanted hairs in shower and also my native hairs almost 10. i want to know what causes hair loss while i apply shampoo only? should i stop using shampoo ?

Loss of transplanted hair following shampooing of hair

The transplanted hair usually fall off 2-4 weeks following surgery, so I don't think there is anything to worry if you are loosing hair. It is certainly not due to the shampoo.

India Hair Restoration Surgeon

There is no way to know why a shampoo may have caused your hair loss. It is best to see your doctor for an

There is no way to know why a shampoo may have caused your hair loss.  It is best to see your doctor for an examination. 

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss

After hair transplantation, the transplanted hairs initially grow for 1-3 months.  These hairs will then fall out, and a new hair shaft will come out.  I would not be concerned that you are noticing hairs with shampooing 1 month after surgery.  I would continue to follow the instructions of your surgeon, and follow up with them as scheduled.

Soumo Banerji, MD
Pasadena Physician

Hair loss after a hair transplant

hair loss after a hair transplant is usually caused by shock loss, not shampoo. See what I discussed below

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shampoo

I do not think this is causing or could cause hair loss but you never know.  A follow up is a good idea. 

Rashid M. Rashid, PhD, MD
Houston Dermatologist