I had rhinoplasty a two week ago still my nose is that bigger before it was.

I'm frustrated with myself seeing in mirror . How many days it requires to get my nose smaller . Should I do minimum of exercise a day.

Swollen Nose After Rhinoplasty

After a rhinoplasty, it is common for the swelling to last up to three months. Do not worry, this is completely normal. In the meanwhile, you can use cold compresses to help reduce the swelling. Make sure you are using it gently as to not cause any damage. Sleeping on 2-3 pillows can also help reducing swelling. It can take up to a full year for swelling to completely reduce in some cases. If you think your swelling is out of the ordinary, contact your plastic surgeon.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Swelling is expected after a rhinoplasty

Two weeks post-surgery is too early to see final results of your Rhinoplasty. Frequently there is increased swelling after cast removal which subsides over a couple weeks. In some cases, I will put Steri-Strips on the nose to minimize the swelling after the cast is removed. It can take about 3 to 6 months for the swelling to go down completely and for you to see the final results of your surgery. Also check with your office about a steroid injection, this can help with reduction of swelling. FYI- your nose will swell after exercising. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon