May I go for PRP treatment after having FUT for better hair density specially in crown area?

Dear Sir's May I go for PRP treatment after having FUT for better hair density specially in crown area? (Had been HT through FUT six month before). And Thanks for your all support and Guidelines.

PRP after FUT

I absolutely recommend a PRP treatment after your procedure, yes. It will maximize the density and thickness of the hair.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

PRP treatment 6 months after an FUT procedure

shrinath,

There is no problem having a PRP treatment 6 months after your hair transplant, but why did you not have it done at the time of your procedure? It would not require the discomfort of an additional anesthesia injections, not to mention less cost. Also if done at the time of your procedure your grafts, could be stored in the PRP/PPP solutions hence maximizing the growth and effectiveness of your hair transplant. OF course, you would have had the benefit of the PRP/Acell possibly reversing the thinning in the non-transplanted areas over the past 6 months.

Sincerely,

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

PRP and transplant? ENGLEWOOD Cliffs NJ

In my opinion, PRP is helpful after a transplant. It will serve two functions. First, it will thicken the hair shaft of transplanted Hair. Second, it will preserve the density of your original hair. Good luck. 

Jeffrey Rapaport, MD
Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

PRP after hair transplant

I recommend PRP as early as 4 months after a hair transplant. It should be repeated 4 months later as well.