I am 22 years old and have a serious balding problem. Currently taking PRP treatment. Is it OK for me? (Photo)

I am 22 years old and have serious problem of balding. currently taking prp treatment is it ok for me?

22 and balding. ...PRP????

In my opinion, you need to be evaluated by a hair expert. They will perform a good history and examination and determine if you have androgenic alopecia. Based upon your photo,it appears that you do have a genetic type of hair loss. PRP is excellent at treating early hair loss. Once there are areas of baldness, PRP usually will not regrow the area of baldness. Sometimes the surrounding  area will grow and encroach upon the area of baldness, however,  the central area still remains the same. PRP will thicken and often  retain other areas of your scalp. In summary, PRP will not adversely affect the non balding areas, but it usually will not restore the hair in the bald areas. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Englewood Dermatologic Surgeon

PRP and Balding and Hair Loss

PRP is excellent at thickening hair and promoting new hair growth in areas that are thinning. However, PRP will not grow hair in areas that are already bald.  Please consult an expert in hair loss for a formal assessment of your hair loss problem.  Perhaps you should consider Propecia as well to have the best results.  Best, Dr. Green