Can carelessness after 2 weeks of hair transplant may result in a failed HT?

i have heard that after 2 weeks nothing can ruin your grafts. i want to ask that carelessness post 2 week such as drinking alcohol, improper washing, sweating, massaging, dancing would effect final results?

As with many things in life, being "careless" is not a good thing. If you are concerned, it is best to see your doctor for a re

As with many things in life, being "careless" is not a good thing.  If you are concerned, it is best to see your doctor for a recheck.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Haircare two weeks after Hair transplant

The head & neck has excellent blood supply  & thus healing occurs rapidly.  I encourage my patients to resume normal activities after 30 days. Smoking is not a great idea for lots of medical reasons, but should be avoided as much as possible since the nicotine is a vasoconstrictor (restricts blood flow). I, also, encourage applying Rogaine 5% foam twice daily to the scalp for at least 30 days if my patients smoke.

I request my transplant patients to wear a cap if spending time in the sun since the scalp is more prone to sunburn up to 30 days after the procedure.

You should be fine after two weeks to enjoy a social drink of alcohol as well as physical activities resulting in sweating & no need to wash your hair every day. If you had a strip procedure, I request you not massage the donor area to avoid stretch back (scar widening) since the healing may take up to 6 weeks to mature. Also, no boxing or activities that could open the incisions (FUT or FUE).    

Joseph L. Williams, MD
Las Vegas Hair Restoration Surgeon

Carelessness

Of course, if you do not take proper care of your self and your hair transplant, you run the risk of damage or reduced growth

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon