Should I worry if one of my implants gets swollen and inside pain all of the sudden after almost 7weeks Post-Op. (photos)

I had breast implants 350cc medium profile placed on Fbry 2. After 4 mths, left side implant still was smaller & irregular shaped. My Dr. decided to replace it on July 8th to a 375cc high profile. Immediately after post-op and following weeks both breasts looked the same. A few days ago all of the sudden, this breast got really swollen, almost double sz from right one. Also it started hurting from inside and I have been running a fever between 99.5-100.7 . Should I be worried? What could it be?

Botox Price Calculator

What would you like to change?

Total Price

See the math

Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.

Please enter a valid {{ field }}.

Congrats!

These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.

Yes, evaluation by your plastic surgeon is indicated…

Yes, your situation is concerning and warrants urgent communication with your plastic surgeon. There is certainly a fluid accumulation around the breast implant (seroma or hematoma), that may require evacuation surgically.  The urgency of the situation increases if you begin to feel ill or experience fever/chills. Best wishes.