I'm 25 yrs old and petite. After my Liposculpture, I noticed after 2 weeks i have fat lumps. Is this normal? (photo)

I am 25 a very petite figure after my liposculpture i noticed after 2 weeks i have fat lumps... I am getting massages but im worried they wont dissapear... Please help me is this common?

I'm 25 yrs old and petite. After my Liposculpture, I noticed after 2 weeks i have fat lumps. Is this normal?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. This is the surgical procedure that revolutionized cosmetic surgery becoming one of the most performed cosmetic procedures. Subcutaneous tissue or fat is removed in order to contour the body in a way that is harmonious and pleasing to the senses. It can be performed in almost all regions of the body such as the neck, chin, abdomen, back, buttocks, thighs, arms and ankles. Usually done through a small incision in the skin through which a cannula connected to a vacuum is applied, it can be performed alone or in combination with other procedures. After liposuction your body is going to be really swollen for at least 2 to 4 months after your surgery. It is important for you to wear your compression garment for at least 6 months, the first 3 months 24/7 and then the last 3 months at least 12 hours per day for your body get use to not having the faja for so many time. When you remove it, your body can get swollen and also you can have pain. Remember to also compress your body to prevent a seroma which is an accumulation of liquid that has to be drained, it is hard to touch and also really painful. Bruises are completely normal for almost 3 months from surgery, that’s why is better for you to use a bruising cream and apply it all over your body 3 times a day. To prevent bad circulation and swollen legs, use compression socks. Brazilian butt lift can be performed with the same procedure and for a month it will be swollen and it will drop a little bit without losing it’s shape if you use your garment.. If you’re going to perform liposuction on your inner, outer, anterior, lateral, postetior thighs, be careful and consult with your surgeon what’s best for you, sometimes we have more extra skin than fat, that can cause severe sagginess on our legs, which can be only be reversed performing a thigh lift…

Liposuction Recovery Time

Generally speaking, it may take up to six months for any area of the body to completely heal after liposuction. This healing time applies to problems such as swelling numbness, and even nerve pain. This also relates to areas where patients may feel a lump. While it may be concerning, this type of issue is completely normal and should resolve itself Lumps that do not resolve should be monitored by a physician, but are typically no cause for alarm. Patients that still experience lumps or uneven areas after a six-month period has passed should contact their physician for what we here at the Bel-Red Center for Aesthetic Surgery call a touch-up procedure. While rare, this procedure may be necessary in roughly five percent of patients and is no cause for alarm.

An issue that may require attention is known as a seroma. A seroma does occur in some patients after liposuction, and is fundamentally just a fluid-filled pocket that occurs below the skin. Patients do need to have these areas drained if they appear after a procedure.

Jan Zemplenyi, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Please be patient at this point

Two weeks is much too early to make an assessment of final outcomes.

Results can be the most distorted at this time after your procedure.

As time goes on, if your results do not improve, then that's when revisions may be necessary.

In my practice, we never do revisions before six months.

Some surgeons believe massages can be helpful.

My personal belief is the body knows how to heal itself the best, and if the work was done correctly, the results will follow.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Too early to worry

At two weeks after liposuction you are very early after surgery.  The areas will smooth out over a period of 6 months.

Lumps

Your picture looks good.  You should have a great result.  Swelling can result in what feels or looks like lumps.  This can last up to 6 months.  Massaging the areas can help.  Please see your surgeon who can best address your concerns.  Best wishes for your recovery!

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Lumps after liposculpture.

Two weeks is very early in your postoperative course, and it is not uncommon to have some "lumps" or hardened areas at this time.  Give it some time, follow the advice of your surgeon, and know that if they don't get better on their own there are modalities such as ultrasound, Velashape, etc. that can help with them.  Best of luck. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Lumps after liposculpture

Swelling after liposuction can last up to one year. You are doing the right thing by massaging the area. I suggest you return to your plastic surgeon for some encouragement.
Good luck!

Robert M. Freund, MD

Yes occur but healing time with aggressive massages should help. If after 3 months still present thn I use ThermiTight RF therapy fee $1500. 

Fat Lumps After Liposuction

Two weeks is really too early to determine the final results of your procedure. "Fat lumps", hardness or swelling can actually last after liposuction for up to a month or more depending on the technique used, the amount of fat removed and the individual patient's healing. Massage is very helpful and so is wearing your garment for the required amount of time needed. If you are concerned, however, it's always very important to let your surgeon know.  

Suzanne M. Quardt, MD
Palm Springs Plastic Surgeon