How long should I wait to see full recovery from my surgery? If I decide to re-do surgery, How long should I wait? (photo)

As recent as November 10, 2014 I had breast implants, silicone cohesive gel 425 cc HP. I am very unhappy with the size. Initial consultation I was not sure about the size. I expressed I was happy with my size 34 B, wanted them fuller and lifted. My case manager suggested a size C the doctor agreed, so I went for it. Now every time I look in the mirror I do not like what I see. I feel my breast are too big. I am seriously considering taking my implants out and going for the true size I wanted.

The more you wait, the worse...

Thank you for your question and your photos. 

I am a true follower of a soon re-intervention when it comes to breast implants, and specially when the size is bigger than desired. The longer you wait, the more they'll be under the stretching trauma and more affected your skin may end up. 

Also, the more you give time for the implant capsule (which is the connective tissue formed around the implant) to develop and therefor, the harder it is to have a precise implant pocket for the smaller implants. 

Bottom line, you want to do this "yesterday". 

Any other doubt, feel free to contact me. 

Take good care, 

Dr. Fernandez Goico

How long should I wait to see full recovery from my surgery? If I decide to re-do surgery, How long should I wait?

Thank you for your question.  I am sorry to hear you are not happy with your results, generally speaking it is recommended to wait at least 3 to 6 months before having a revision surgery.  This is something that can be discussed in greater detail with your board certified plastic surgeon.

I know you have recently have the surgery done, but if you would like more information that may help you the next time around as well as some great resources, you can download a free copy of my breast augmentation planner.  As I said this is full of valuable information and resources to you, you can download your copy at ABetterBreast.com.

Best of luck to you.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

How long should I wait to see full recovery from my surgery? If I decide to re-do surgery, How long should I wait

Thank you for your question.  Final results take 6 months for breast implants.  Revisions can be performed at that time if needed.  Discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon.  Best Wishes.

You have exchange the implants now and consider a lifting operation also. Best to seek in person consulations.... 

I am sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction after breast augmentation surgery. At this point, if you are convinced that you are too large, you should be able to downsize breast implants. Sometimes, depending on the patient's goals, some adjustment of the breast implant capsule will also be necessary. Please make sure that you communicate your goals carefully. Generally speaking, I suggest patients not communicate their goals based on achieving a specific cup size. As you know, a “C or D cup” may mean different things to different people and may be a source of miscommunication. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be very pleased with.

Revision

Considering that you want to be smaller, you have waited long enough.  Surgeons like to prevent patients from making impulsive decisions before waiting for the implants to settle, but by three months if you feel you are too large, you are too large, and earlier revision will minimize the prolonged effects of stretching on the breast skin.

All the best.