I didn't use my bandeau like my doctor said. If I use one right now, would it help?

After 5 years of my Breast augmentation I feel so uncomfortable because I didn't used the bandeau like my doct said. They are not in there natural way. I want to know. If I have time to correct the error

I rarely use a bandeau. A surgical bra is fine. Using any bandeau or strap now at 5 years will make no difference so revisional surgery may be needed

No need

After breast augmentation I find no particular advantage to the use of surgical bras. In fact, I find that they can do more harm than good. They hold the implants too high, preventing them from dropping into position. In addition, they can put pressure on the healing breast or the wound. They provide no advantage. If the surgery was performed correctly, external appliances after surgery are unnecessary to achieve the appropriate final implant position. At one month we allow the patients to wear a soft cup bra with no underwire.  At two months, they can wear any bra with a wire without push up.  Before three months it is not wise to buy a whole new set of bras.  By six months, the bra size is not going to change.  You need to try bras on.  Being measured is almost never productive and almost always oversizes.  Find the ones that you like the way they fit.

Breast implant position

five years after your breast augmentation you will have a solid capsule formed around your breast implants and you will not be able to get your implant to move/drop at this point. IF that is your desire, you need to to go back to the OR for a revision.

5 years after surgery

If you are experiencing discomfort it is best to return to your surgeon for an evaluation.  If your breasts are looking and feeling unnatural and uncomfortable you may have a capsular contracture.  Your surgeon can explore that with you, or any other potential problems.

Camille Cash, MD

5 Years Post Op Discomfort

I recommend that you visit a Plastic Surgeon for an in-person exam to determine your issue. You could have any number of issues causing your discomfort.
All the best

5 years later

After 5 years, there is very little that the bandeau will do to the shape of the breasts.  It is possible that you have issues related to the breast capsule that are causing the unnatural appearance of your breasts.  See a board certified plastic surgeon for an evaluation.

Breast augmentation 5 years ago.

Thank you for your question.It di difficult without seeing a photos of how your breasts are now to understand what your concern is in particular. As it has been 5 years it is unlikely that wearing the bandeau will make much difference. I would recommend that you see a plastic surgeon for advice on what can be done to improve them.Good luck

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Bandeau at 5 years?

At 5 years out, any outside pressure like a bandeau will not likely help the position. You probably need a revision. Best of luck.