'Ive been experiencing hair loss at 19 years old. How can i stop it or help prevent it? (Photo)

Looking for advice. Been noticing the changes since i was 17 since then it had been a dramatic change for my age. I have really thick hair so i dont know the reason why this is happening but ive also been experiencing pain in my scalp for a while mostly where i have less hair is annoying it hurts when i touch there or move my hair im going to leave some pictures to see if its any help. I look old for my age thanks for this plus facial hair ._.

19 and losing hair

Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are showing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss, then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the the best test to get will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and this will show, over a one year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

The most common cause of hair loss in young men is genetic balding. If you are worried, see a doctor

The most common cause of hair loss in young men is genetic balding. If you are worried, see a doctor for an exam and possible treatment options.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride

I suggest seeing an expert as there are many reasons besides genetic that may be effecting your frontal hair line. If it is truly genetic there are many options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

The #cause of #hairloss and possible treatment options

There are many different options that are available to restore your hair. The first thing to do is to see a hair restoration specialist to find the cause for your hair loss. Once that is established then the best treatment options may be hair restoration and or medical hair treatment regiment depending on your degree of hair loss and your age. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon