Can I drink Celebrex or Etodolac to relieve the pain or discomfort after the cool sculpting treatment?

Medications after CoolSculpting

You certainly can take these medications, although most of my patients do not require any pain medications and some work out that night or go to yoga class and even go into the bow pose on their stomachs immediately afterward.

Celebrex or Etodolac post coolsculpting

Most patients do not need Celebrex or Etodolac post coolsculpting. Consult with the physician that treated you as he or she understand the scope of the treatment and your medical history and condition.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Pain or discomfort after Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is a fabulous procedure.  Most patients do not need any pain medication at all after the procedure. There may be some soreness after the abdominal area is performed but certainly not for celebrex or not in my patients.  For the best results please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Coolsculpting.

Yes - not the same bleeding risks as after a surgical procedure

Hello Isaco00, 

Since there is minimal to no risk of bleeding (very rare bruising) taking NSAIDS (Etodolac, Ibuprofen or Aleve) as well as Cox 2 inhibitors such as Celebrex is fine and may help with the mild discomfort or twinges you may feel after the procedure. 

Joseph B. Eby, MD, FACS