Is it OK to go scuba diving after brow lift and otoplasty?

Hi! I am writing to you because I had a brow lift performed 3 months and a half ago and I really enjoy scuba diving. I wish to know if it is already safe to go diving . I also wished to know your opinion about the degree of asymmetry after the procedure, I wished to know if this is considered normal. Thanks in advance :)

Scuba Diving After Brow Lift and Otoplasty

Hello.  Thank you for your question.  I think you should be fine to go scuba diving 3 months after your procedures.  With regards to asymmetry, it is difficult to comment without having preop pictures for comparison.  There is some natural subtle asymmetries that naturally exist in every person's face.  It is virtually impossible to eliminate these natural asymmetries completely with surgery.  I would encourage you to discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  However, your brow position and shape of your arch look good in the single view provided.  I hope this information is helpful.

Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scuba after surgery

Both your ears and brow incisions should be healed adequately at this time to allow you to enjoy any activity, including scuba diving.  Your asymmetry is mild and may represent some residual asymmetry from your preop appearance.  You have a nice result.

John Dean, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Scuba After Surgery

At this stage your incision should be well healed and able to withstand changes in pressure and the stress of diving.  The asymmetry is more difficult to address as there are no pre-op pictures to compare.  From the picture provided, it looks like you have a very nice result.

F. True Lansden, MD
Key West Plastic Surgeon

Scuba diving after browlift

Hello Vanevane,

By 3 months after surgery the tissues are usually healed enough that it would be quite difficult to damage your result with any activity.  I tell my patients to restart their previous activities about 4-6 weeks after surgery. 

With regards to the asymmetry it is only slight based on the photo you provided.  It is very natural to have a slight difference in the two brows even without surgery.  I always point this out to my patients and let them know we can improve the asymmetry but it is very difficult to completely eliminate it.  You are also still healing and there is some swelling so it may continue to improve. 

I recommend you discuss your concerns and questions with your surgeon to provide a more definitive answer. 

I hope this helps and good luck. 

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is it OK to go scuba diving after brow lift and otoplasty

Thank ypu for submitting your question. I think it is safe for to go scuba diving 3 months after your procedure.  Follow your surgeons recommendations.  Would be easier to evaluate your result with a before photo.  Discuss your concerns with your Plastic Surgeon.