I have droopy, asymmetrical breasts with large areolas. Would I get good result from a donut lift? (Photo)

I'm a 20 year old, with 34 A droopy breasts and enlarged areolas, one breast sits a little higher and is droopier than the other. I'm more concerned about the shape than the size and would like to know if I could get a doughnut lift and obtain good results from it... i really don't want the vertical scars the regular one leaves. Also, I would like to get some cleavage... I don't know if that is even possible since my breasts are so far apart.

I have droopy, asymmetrical breasts with large areolas. Would I get good result from a donut lift?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue, hugs!

Breast options

I would recommend a full mastopexy, which would involve the vertical incision.  It appears from the photos that you have quite a bit ptosis, which would not be corrected with a donut lift alone.  You would not be able to get enough of a lift with that alone.  As far as increasing cleavage, a lift alone will not achieve that.  You would need to add an implant in to increase the upper pole fullness and help increase cleavage.  Good luck with your decision.

Francis Johns, MD
Greensburg Plastic Surgeon

I'm thinking vertical breast lift....

Hello Vaneer! I think vertical seems better to address the assymetry and the level of sagging. Only way to tell for sure is to do an examination. Implants do provide better fullness at the top of the breasts and better shape. Wider implants can give you better cleavage, but no one gets "perfect" when they're too far apart.  I recommend you avoid big breast implants which I will only re-stretch your skin and lead to recurrent sagging. For scar management consider Embrace. Best, Dr. Aldo

Aldo Guerra, MD

Breast lift - is a donut lift ok?

Thank you for asking about your breast lift.
  • Unfortunately, I think you would be unhappy with a donut lift -
  • It is likely to flatten the breast and may leave wide scars.
  • A vertical lift will give you a much better shape -
  • The vertical scars usually fade with time - although it may take a year.
  • An anchor lift is another option - it shapes the breast nicely but the long crease scar can be a problem.
  • You may also want a small reduction on  the larger side -
  • As for cleavage, it is difficult to say but it is less likely with a widely-placed breast.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Breast lift with implants

Thank you for your question and photos.  I do not think you would be satisfied by the result that you would obtain from a donut lift.  Instead, you should seriously consider a full (anchor) breast lift even though it will leave you with scars on your breasts.  I almost exclusively perform this technique at my practice as I have found that it gives far superior results.  The addition of a moderately-sized implant can help improve the appearance of your breasts as well.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Would I get good result from a donut lift?

Thank you for your question.  No, I do not believe this would be a good option based on your degree of breast ptosis, especially the right side.  A lollipop incision (versus a donut) would give the surgeon a better ability to raise and tighten your breasts, make them perkier, decrease the size of your areolas, contour the breasts, improve cleavage and avoid the flattening effect of a donut incision.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Breast lift for droopy asymmetrical breasts?

Thank you for your question and photos. Based on the photos, I would say that you would be a good candidate for a "donut" lift. This procedure is best performed on patients with larger areolae who require a modest lift of 2-4 centimeters or so. This technique will decrease the diameter of the areolae and limit the incisions to around the areola. A small implant can also be placed to address asymmetry. Yours is somewhat of a complex case. Consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with experience  in breast lift is  essential. Take the time to interview several surgeons and find someone you are comfortable with.

Dr. Michael Morrissey