Brow Lift Recovery?

6 weeks post op brow lift. Hi I am six weeks post op from brow lift . I am really worried and when i study I raise my forehead . I did it for almost an evening an my brows i think descended more. Is it possible the job is lost. Please help.

At 6 Weeks After a Brow Lift There is Still Some Swelling

At 6 weeks there is still some swelling of the upper lids. As the swelling goes down, the heaviness to the brow area will improve. I would give things another month or two for most of this swelling to resolve. Don't give up hope yet. The best option is to take pictures weekly and compare the results. Make an appointmenmt with your surgeon to go over the before and all of the after photos. Good luck.

Greenwood Village Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recovery folloiwng a brow lift

Eyebrow positioning is controlled the muscles of facial expression.  The frontalis muscle is the main elevator and the corragator and lateral orbicularis oculi muscles are the main depressors of the brow.  Therefore brow position is related to the repositioning of these muscles relative to the static position of the brow but raising and resting position of the brows is always going to be a dynamic function.  From your photos it appear that you have very aesthetic positioning of the lateral brow.  Before photos would be helpful to determine the effectiveness of your procedure.

Brow lift recovery

Brows can always descend following a browlift.  Much depends on the technique used as well.  Regardless, your surgeon should be seeing you for post-op photos and you should appreciate the improvements.  If the improvements are negligible or minimal, then you should consider a revision with your surgeon.  Don't worry about things you cannot change so wait until your photos are done to show you what was accomplished (or what wasn't).  Know your doctor's revision policy and everyone should know that before undergoing any procedure.

Curtis Wong, MD

Brow lift dropping.

It depends how the brow lift was done. If bit is too low now it will need to be redone since it will not go up. Good browlifts should look too high for several weeks!