Age 18, used a patch to fix a lazy eye in childhood: Do I Have Ptosis? (photo)

hi im 18 live in the Uk, i used to patch in order to fix a lazy eye i stopped late childhood and only recently looked into trying to fix the remainder of the problem which i believe is ptosis. ive uploaded a picture. if it is ptosis what would be the best method to fix. i assume ask a GP to refer me onto an eye specialist.

Doctor Answers 1

Ptosis can be corrected by eyelid surgery.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The pictures aren't particularly good but it does look like the left eye in particular suffers from ptosis. The cause of the ptosis first needs to be sorted out but corrective surgery is available.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.