Ptosis Since 8? Bothering Since 13.

I'm 18 now and I always had pitosis. Both my eyes. I always felt like I have to push up my eyes/eyebrows. One eye is worse than the other. I love my eyes when I make them wide and stuff. I like the shape of my eyes. When I look into the before and after pictures the eyelid looks really weird after... I don't want it like that I want my eyes to still look pretty but I don't want to have pitosis.When I see the afters it looks like there is a huge eyelid space. I don't want that, No pictures needed

Doctor Answers 4

Please post photos

If you post a photo, we might be able to give a better recommendation.

If you decide to explore this further, I would recommend consultation with an ASOPRS trained Oculoplastics surgeon. You can find one close to you on the ASOPRS dot org website.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 37 reviews

Congenital ptosis can be corrected

If you noticed this at a young age, you were likely born with the condition. When it is greater than 2-3 mm, surgical correction is needed in the form of either Muellerectomy or Levator aponeurosis repair. The Muellerectomy procedure offers less of a correction but is generally more natural looking and doesn't create a bigger lid space. I would consult an Oculoplastic Surgeon in your area for an opinion. Don't be afraid to correct this, as it will progress slowly as you get older. -Dr. G.

Edward J. Gross, MD
Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

Ptosis surgery

A photo is necessary to better evaluate your problem.  Ptosis surgery may be the answer.  See an oculoplastic surgeon.

Mehryar (Ray) Taban, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 72 reviews

Droopy eyelid or ptosis surgery

It's really hard to say without a photo but basically you need to have a few consults with good Oculplastic surgeons.  Sorry I couldn't be more help but this video should be more informative.

Chase Lay, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 75 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.