I am 59 years old. Should I be worried about having Sculptra treatments at my age ?

Sculptra

Injecting with Sculptra is a fabulous option for patients looking to restore lost volume in the face. The only caveat with age and Sculptra is the older the patient the more Sculptra may be needed as the changes associated with Sculptra depend on the patient’s ability to respond to the poly-L lactic acid bead and as we all know the younger we are the better our bodies respond.

Sculptra at age 59

Thank you for your question.  I would not be worried at age 59 about starting Sculptra as you should still be able to create collagen in response to the treatment.  It is a great way to restore volume loss that has occurred with the aging process.  I would ensure that you go to an experienced Sculptra injector.  

Sculptra and the Age of the Patient

Sculptra is a fabulous product for facial injections.  Sculptra is not age dependent.  I have patients of all ages who are great candidates for Sculptra.  Sculptra works well if you need volume in a given area of the face.  With the correct injections, the results are natural and long-lasting.

Sculptra and Patient Age

Sculptra is administered to restore facial volume that is diminished as one ages.  Every patient ages at a different rate so that there is not an optimal age for using Sculptra.  Typically, younger patients will require fewer vials of treatments as compared to older patients to obtain optimal facial volume rejuvenation.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Best age for Sculptra therapy

Dear jeanesantiqueguns:

Sculptra is found to be a mild filler but a more powerful bio-stimulant of collagen, hyaluronic acid, elastin and other dermal, subcutaneous and bone molecules. It seems to firm, build and repair rather than volumize from the mass of the product injected.

Age is not the determining factor in whether Sculptra is best for you. Considerations include:
  1. medical history,
  2. bruising and swelling potential,
  3. dermal injury from weather or sun,
  4. dermal thickness from heredity and personal genetics,
  5. skin laxity,
  6. soft tissue (fat and muscle) laxity,
  7. expectations,
  8. acceptance to multiple sessions and recovery periods,
  9. cost and budget.
  10. other factors. 

It is best to seek the opinion of a very competent, well experienced and Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Dermatologist or other skilled and talented injector with this particular product. 

I wish you the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Sculptra and Age

Sculptra is based on the idea that your body will produce collagen in response to the medication injected in certain areas.  As you age, you still produce collagen but it needs greater stimulation and it takes longer to produce.  

At 59, you will probably need closer to 6-7 vials of Sculptra over 3-4 sessions, each one 6 weeks apart from the previous one.  This should allow you to get a good result.  Rarely, patients don't see the result they want usually because they have considerable amount of sagging skin which needs to be tightened to better address the underlying issue of volume loss.

Seeking out a physician who can offer both options is in your best interest.  Good Luck.

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra Treatments and Aging

I think you are a perfect age to get treatments with sculptra. You just need to see a board certified dermatologist who performs a lot of these treatments to see if you are a candidate for this or other fillers.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Sculptra treatments on a 59 year old is a great option

At age 59, there is significant volume loss. The best filler to use is Sculptra because it can replace volume in multiple areas for a fraction of the cost of HA fillers. The factors that are most important for great results are getting a great injector and having healthy skin without significant sun damage. I heard there was a presentation recently that stated people on Retin A have improved results as well.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Are Sculptra treatments okay in 59 year old?

There is no reason that a healthy 59 year old person could not be treated with Sculptra.  As long as you are an appropriate candidate for the treatment, you should obtain good results.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon