Should scabs be cleaned off columella incision after rhinoplasty?

I had Rhinoplasty 3 days ago. The columella insision it scabbed over. I can't see the insision or the sutures. Should I clean the scab off?

Cleaning Incisions

I recommend my patients clean the scabs off with antibiotic ointment , like polysporin.  Water and peroxide are good to use, also.  

3 days post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments with only 3 days after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Incision care after rhinoplasty

I prefer to keep incisions as clean as possible to allow better healing and comfort. You can try peroxide and water and gently clean it then apply ointment. 

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Each doctor is a bit different when it comes to cleaning around the nose.  Best to ask your surgeon what he would like.

Incision care after surgery

One thing that could help is mixing hydrogen peroxide and water at a 50/50 ratio.  Then using a cotton swab to apply this to help dissolve the crusting.  Bacitracin (or another antibiotic ointment) should be applied twice a day for the first week.

Dr. E

Waleed Ezzat, MD FACS
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon