Worried my implant is starting to show. I'm scared. (Photo)

I had full body liposculpture with a breast lift and implants 4 weeks ago today. Today I noticed a weird bump that is clear I can also see a stitch inside of it. I had surgery in Bogotá been back in the states now for two weeks. I had a talk with surgeon in Colombia sent him some pictures and he says that he is not 100% sure. Its been four weeks and I am still having leakage from my right breast it is a clear yellowish liquid that has no smell. I have no pain I have no fever no sign of infection.

Worried my implant is starting to show. I'm scared.

Your concerns are certainly understandable. Although I do not see an exposed implant in the photographs posted, the presence of drainage and the appearance of the incision line are of concern. I would suggest that you either follow-up with your plastic surgeon, if possible or seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons in your area.  Keep the area clean/covered with sterile (preferably nonstick) dressings until you are able to be seen. Best wishes.

See your Surgeon

Based on the information and pictures you have shared, this is not normal healing.  I suggest you contact your surgeon and schedule a trip to see him as soon as possible to avoid severe complications.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well..
The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast…

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Implants

Thank you for your question and photos.  If there is even the chance you might have an infection, you need to be seen as soon as possible by a board certified plastic surgeon in the US. 

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Return to Plastic Surgeon for Problems

It would be important for you to make an appointment with the board certified plastic surgeon to exam you and make sure that there is no implant exposure and that he did not have an infection.

Wound and drainage

You need to see a surgeon if you have persisten drainage from the breast. Best of luck with your follow-up.