Is a topical form of finasteride the same or as good as pill form for hair loss?

Finasteride

Topical form of finasteride have not been sufficiently studied and the small studies that were done did not show a significant effect from it.  It is best to stick with FDA approved oral finasteride.

Beverly Hills Hair Restoration Surgeon

Topical finasteride

I would advise against using topical finasteride as there has not been enough research at this point. Taking the pill is better and has been shown to work. 

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Topical finasteride

There is a huge trend towards off label use of topical finasteride. Unfortunately, we don't yet know if it helps all that much. One needs to be cautious and speak with a physician knowledgable about hair loss issues if one is to go down this path. Expectations should be low not high - until further studies are completed. 

Topical form of finasteride

As I know, only tablet form of finasteride is available on trade market ,  and I recommend you to use that pills .

Ilhan Serdaroglu, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Topical and systemic finasteride

There is no commercial topical finasteride that works and FDA app;roved in the US unless is is specially made for this purpose under a doctor's order. The finasteride pill does work well and is commercial

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon