Mommy makeover 6 months ago. Stains and marks on lipo area on ribs (Photo)
Doctor Answers 2
Marks Remaining after Mommy Makeover
Healing after the #tummytuck will take time. I have my patients out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred. No lifting or straining. At three weeks increased level of activity and full, no restrictions, at 6 weeks.
Mummy Tummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others. The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting. It is always a chance that there can be scarring or mis-coloring after surgery. It would be best to visit your surgeon to have the area examined to make sure that healing is still progressing or if treatment will be needed to revise the skin color change. Good luck!
Mommy make-over - the liposuction over the ribs has left red and brown marks
- The marks on your skin look like post-traumatic hyperpigmentation where the cannula went over the ribs
- And the red marks look like dilated blood vessels - from small vein damage from the liposuction.
- The veins can be treated with a vascular laser.
- Creams may lighten the darkening of the skin.
- I suggest you return to your plastic surgeon for an examination, confirmation that this is the problem an d referral to a laser dermatologist.