How long do I have to wait to play the French horn after a septorhinoplasty?

I am a professional French horn player. Last April, I broke my nose, and I couldn't afford to take the time off to fix it since I was playing in a music festival. It's possible that I could have time off from May- Sept this year, but generally for every day you take off from playing, it takes two days to get back to where you were. I'm extremely nervous about doing this, but I am almost 26 and don't want my insurance to stop covering it when I have to get off my parents insurance plan.

Time to return to playing.

To minimize your risk of problems I would recommend 3-4 weeks as a minimum being resuming play.  As your surgeon would know exactly what would need to be done for you, ask your surgeon what they would recommend.

Muscial instrument and rhinoplasty

The lips may be swollen and somewhat stiff after surgery and it may take a good 3-4 weeks before you can go back to really blowing on the horn.   Best to ask your surgeon.