Best Compression Vest Brand?

I wanted to know your opinions on the best stage 1 compression vest post gynecomastia surgery. Something comfortable that does not chafe your under arms/armpit area. Underworks? LipoElastic? Design Veronique? Marena Recovery? Please share your opinions & thoughts.

Compression garments

I mostly use Veronique or Marena.  But there are many good companies out there. Go with the one your doc recommends.

Garments

All of the companies you mentioned make nice garments, although everyone fits differently.  I personally like the Underworks microfiber compression tank top (item #473100105) as they are comfortable and hide well under clothes. Patients usually need to order a couple of sizes and try them on prior to surgery to see what fits best.  (FYI- I do not have any financial connection to the company- I have just tried multiple styles and find this one works well for most of my patients). I generally go straight to this stage 2 garment as they fit better, are less bulky than stage 1 garments, and are usually not an issue for patients to put on or take off once a day.  That being said, every surgeon has their own preferences, so check with your surgeon to see what he or she prefers.  Good luck with your procedure!

Robert Cohen, MD
Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Best Compression Band to Be Provided by Your Surgeon

A compression garment is worn after surgery to assist in the retraction of the skin and to prevent swelling. Your doctor may also place tape or foam over the incisions, which can be removed on day 3 or 4, before your first post-op appointment.

Now, in regards to which brand is the best, it would be likely recommended by your plastic surgeon in relation to which procedure is being completed on your chest for reduction. Each surgeon has their own preference to a brand or type of compression garment depending on excision, liposuction or both procedures being done.

Compression garment

Thank you for your question.  I usually recommend a tight fitting sleeveless compression shirt from a sporting goods store.  However, any of the other brands you mentioned are good.  The most important thing is to have proper compression after surgery.  Best of luck to you!

Chad Robbins, MD

Best Compression Vest Brand

Each surgeon will have his or her preferences for postoperative garments. Both Veronique and Marena make very good Stage 1 garments. Your surgeon should be able to guide you as he or she knows the specifics about you and the surgery.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Best Compression Vest Brand?

Thank you for sharing your question.  I typically include a Marena garment for my patients as part of the surgery as it fits well, is smooth to the touch and can be trimmed or cut without unraveling to allow for a comfortable fit.  Hope this helps.