36 male. Will Botox injection to reduce fine lines and crows feet cause upper eye lids to sag more? Or help raise upper (Photos)

36 year old male. Will Botox injection to reduce fine lines and crows feet have a chance at making my droopy upper eyelids worse ? Or, will this actually correct them ? Concerned it may make work worse , which I'm very concerned about.

Botox for Crows Feet

Thank you for your question. Botox helps reduce crow’s feet around the eyes and sometimes help slightly lift the eyelids. Drooping of the eyelids is typically caused when the Botox is injected into the horizontal forehead lines. In your case I would avoid treating this.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Crow's feet Botox

If Botox is injected properly, any lines that cause further creasing in the lower or upper lid tend to decrease or be eliminated, so the problem you describe is unlikely to occur.

More likely, the sagging skin is a separate problem that won't be affected much with the Botox, although there is a possibility it could improve.  I would have an experienced practitioner take a look directly and lend his/her opinion.

Reza Tirgari, MD
San Diego Physician

Botox for crows feet

Botox is an excellent treatment for crows feet.  With the right placement you will get a subtle lift to the corner of the eyebrow.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Botox

Proper injection of Botox for crows feet can actually provide a modest elevation of the lateral aspect of the brow which in turn will lift a droopy upper eyelid. However, improper injection of Botox too low on the forehead and brow complex can cause a transient eyelid ptosis (drooping). 

Jacob Sedgh, MD

Botox for Crow's Feet

Botox for Crow's feet is a wonderful procedure.  An experienced injector should not cause a problem for this area.  Please consult a specialist in Botox for the best cosmetic injections.  Best, Dr. Green

Drooping brows

A well trained injector should not drop your brows. If you find a good injector they could enhance the appearance of your brows.

36 male. Will Botox injection to reduce fine lines and crows feet cause upper eye lids to sag more? Or help raise upper

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Placement of Botox into your forehead may cause your upper eyelid skin to worsen as it may drop your eyebrows, while treatment of your crow's feet should help elevate your brows a small amount.  Hope this helps.

Botox

Go to a good injector. It would be important to not place the botox low on the forehead.  Best of luck with your botox injections.

Botox to crows feet won't drop brows

Botox in this area will help the crows feet and not drop the brows. It will actually lift them by weakening the muscle that pulls down the brows.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox Questions

Dear Patient from Providence,

Botox can be used to help soften smile lines around the corners of the eyes and can be used to raise brows when selective areas are treated.

I suggest you visit a qualified Botox practitioner in your area.

I hope this was helpful. 

Adam Scheiner, MD
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon