How to Properly Wear Rice Sizers

Ok I am not finding my answer so I understand MAKING the sizers but how do you wear them to see what they will look like as implants? AND WHY not in an underwire? Do you put them under the breast in the bra so it is like a push up pad? OR over the breast covering the nipple? #1. I want a good idea of the look #2 I want to wear then around prior to surgery so people get use to seeing me this way. Last question when I am happy with rice size size what % is added because of going under muscle?

The Rice Test

This is a good question because fitting the rice into the bra correctly will make a big difference. I tell my patients to put the rice in a cut off stocking or knee high. Don't tie it off too tight, the rice needs to be able to move around a bit. We have found for our patients that if you lay the bra on top of a table facing you, then place the rice in the cups, then lean into the bra and fasten. Gently move the rice around evenly around the breast. Under wire bras will not give you a realistic view of what the implant is going to look like. It is a good idea to wear the rice for several days and with different outfits to see if you like the look, and it will help you determine the size. Once you get the right amount of rice just measure the rice for your surgeon. Your surgeon can tell by the amount of rice what size implant should be used.

How to Properly Wear Rice Sizers

Although useful as rough guidelines and as communication tools, all the modalities currently used to predict what breast implant size/profile will best achieve a patient's goals with breast augmentation are not very accurate, in my opinion. The use of the rice test, sizers placed beneath a patient's bra, goal pictures, computer imaging technology… are all useful, but not necessarily as accurate as one would hope.
In my opinion, nothing will replace careful verbal preoperative communication with your plastic surgeon, preferably in front of a full-length mirror along with the use of as many "communication" tools” listed above.
In my practice, I use all of the above modalities and then use intraoperative temporary sizers to help determine the best breast implant size/profile to achieve a patient's specific goals as closely as possible. For this reason, I think it is helpful to have the entire range of breast implant sizes/profiles available in the operating room.
Achieving realistic expectations prior to proceeding to the operating room is also an important part of the preoperative communication process. Patients should be aware that the results of their breast augmentation will not necessarily match exactly what they are visualizing with anyone of the above-mentioned communication tools.
Given your questions and concerns, and given that your surgery is coming up soon, I would suggest that you schedule additional time to spend with your plastic surgeon. This additional time spent will be helpful in the communication process and in alleviating some of your anxiety.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. Again, the use of computer imaging has been very helpful during the communication process, in our practice.
Best wishes; hopefully you will be very pleased with the outcome of the planned procedure.