Professional Dancer With A Scar. Desire Scar Revision? (photo)

Hello! I am desiring Scar Revision from a 28 year-old transverse scar on my abdomen. I had Bowel Disease called Necrotizing Enterocolitis as a pre-mature baby! I am grateful for the scar however I am wanting to advance my dancer career & FINALLY wear a dance uniform without insecurities! Desires: Scar Revision (cutting out scar tissue), Superficial Revised Scar that is barely visible, & liposuction of all the rest of the fat around the belly! I want to develop ABS post surgery! HELP!!!

Doctor Answers 4

Abdominal scar revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Your scar is challenging because of the extent and likelihood of adhesions. Excising a scar under such circumstances may involve more than superficial tissues. Liposuction and scar revision can be performed and may reduce the depression there but there are limitations to scar revision. Liposuction alone could improve the contour but you really would need a consultation and a physical exam.

Improving an abdominal scar

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Options for scar revision are many, including scar excision and layered closure and/or liposuction as a staged procedure.  You will see benefits with this scar revision approach. 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 95 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your scar is inverted and depressed. It will be significantly imroved with surgery. However this surgery will include more than just skin rearrangement.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS
New York Plastic Surgeon

You might also like...

Professional Dancer With A Scar. Desire Scar Revision?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

OK best to seek IN PERSON evaluations from boarded PSs in your city. As for a "six pack" very doubtful but possible with liposuction. 

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.