Cosmetic Procedures Without Surgery for Cheek Crease?

wondering if there is any way that is cheaper and less painful than surgery to get rid of creases in both cheeks since i was born (makes me look tired all the time) and the end of my nose is round (pudgy to my friends) I dont have tons of money for sure but also dont want to have to go back every few months for touch ups, I couldnt afford that either..i even looked into being somewhat of a test dummy but didnt get a response! Please help

Doctor Answers 5

You could investigate injection of 'fillers'

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I'm not sure if you are referring to the creases on either side of your nose and mouth known as the nasolabial folds or the area below your lower eyelids that sometimes makes us look tired.

Either area can be lessened considerably with injections which are easy to do, not very painful and can make a real diffference. There are a variety of fillers used which all are slightly different in the time they last. Some last for a few months and some for almost a year.

If you are talking about under your eyes, there is also, though, a relatively simple surgery that can be done that is not too expensive and doesn't take too long to recover from which would give much more lasting results.

Your local plastic surgeon should be able to help you with which would be best for you.

Nashville Plastic Surgeon

Options for cheek crease

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A filler would probably serve you best. That being said it is something that will have to be redone regularly. (atleast once a year). All these procedures are surgical procedures in one way or another to the face so it is important to realize that it will cost you a certain amount of money. The procedures as plastic surgeons and dermatologists that are done are cosmetic and have a certain cost. 

Chris Thiagarajah, MD
Denver Oculoplastic Surgeon

Cheek augmentation with fillers

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Cheek augmentation with fillers can be quite satisfying.For ones  Start with Perlane or Juvederm Ultra Plus which are reversible with hyaluronidase. Consider Radiesse and/or Sculptra when you are ready for longevity.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon
4.5 out of 5 stars 14 reviews

Radiesse is a great product for cheek augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Radiesse injected into the creases and/or below the muscle in the cheeks can give the same result as a cheek implant.  It will of course be temporary but if performed by a physician very experienced with injecting cheeks with fillers can be fast and often with little to no bruising.  Usually Radiesse needs to be re-done every 9-18 months, about 1 year on the average.

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 217 reviews

Cheek Creases

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Whether you'r talking about the nasolabial groove which run from the nose to the corner of your mouth (nasolabial grooves) or depressions at the lower margin of your eyelids (nasojugal grooves), they can be improved with the injection of fillers.

Products such as Juvederm or Radiesse will last about one year. Using your own fat will typically last longer.

Richard W. Fleming, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.