Tummy Tuck, Breast Lift or Lipo: What procedures would you suggest? (Photo)

I am debating between doing lipo and or a tummy tuck, full or mini, and breast lift with augmentation or just a lift. I am currently a DD, and would fit size 8 clothing if not for my tummy and boobs. I have had two children and am back down to my pre-baby weight (which was already larger then I wanted). My body happily lives in the 170-175 range, but I would feel much more comfortable with my midsection smaller and my upper body a bit more sculpted. Looking for suggestions:)

MM Candidate

Although it’s impossible to make specific recommendations without a physical examination, your pictures and history suggest that you would be an excellent candidate for mommy makeover surgery.

This procedure typically includes abdominoplasty, breast augmentation, breast lift and liposuction. The procedure is modified based on the patient’s anatomic starting point, aesthetic goals and social situation. The procedure is associated with excellent clinical results and high levels of patient satisfaction.

If you’re considering this type of procedure, consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is appropriate. This surgeon should be able to formulate a treatment plan that addresses your anatomic findings and achieves your aesthetic goals.

TT or Lipo, and breast lift.

A proper answer will come only in the setting of an in person consultation.

The photos leave me unable to decide between tummy tuck and liposuction.  If there is a thick pad of fat in the abdominal wall, liposuction may give a satisfactory result.  If the bulge is coming from abdominal contents, and if there is excess skin, a TT would be a more appropriate choice. 

As to the breasts, You will probably be deciding between a lift or no surgery at all.  SInce you are already large breasted and having trouble fitting clothes, implants will make this more difficult. The photo attached has arms raised, which often raises the breasts. I would bet that with arms at your sides there would be more sagging than is apparent in the photo.  If not, you should look carefully at the incisions on postop patients and decide if the tradeoff (improved contour v. scars) is worth it.

All the best.

Breast Lift or Breast Augmentation and Liposuction or Tummy Tuck

As you can see there are a lot of opinions out there as to options for you. They are all from very excellent and credible surgeons. I agree that breast implants for your size breast does not make much sense but it all depends upon your goals and desires. A lift, especially one that use your own tissue to augment the upper pole of your breast may be a good way to go for you but you really need to see a surgeon or two and get some opinions as to what would work and then decide from there.

The question is the same for your abdomen. You may in fact be a candidate for a lipoabdominoplasty. This procedure would get rid of the fullness as well as the excess skin without having to have the down time that is required by a full abdominoplasty but again an evaluation or consultation is required before you can really know what would work. This is because your surgeon, whoever you chose, really needs to see you and evaluate your goals so that they can be matched with the possible procedure scenarios.

I hope that helps.

Best regards. 

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Suggest a consultation

You have submitted a limited medical history and three distant, non-standardized photos of yourself.  It is not possible to give you adequate advice based on this limited information and to attempt to do so would be a disservice to you.  A formal consultation, on the other hand, will give you the opportunity to meet with a plastic surgeon and articulate your goals as well as the things you are willing to accept in terms of scarring,risk, downtime, etc.  Your surgeon will review your medical history to ensure that elective surgery is safe for you and then perform a detailed examination.  After this your surgeon will be able to offer you options and the pros and cons of each.  Plastic surgery is an important decision and my advice is to not rely on knee jerk opinnions based on inadequate information - youshould expect more. 

Abdominoplasty and liposuction are two different operations that are not interchangeable but oftentimes used in conjuction with one another.  Likewise mastopexy and augmentation mastopexy accomplish different things and your surgeon should be able to recommend which is best for you.

Michael B. Tantillo, MD

Mommy makeover plan needs personal exam

The decision between liposuction, mini tummy tuck, and full tummy tuck is a very important one and needs to be based on a personal evaluation with a board certified plastic surgeon. The same applies for breast lift, but in general if you are a DD then adding implants may not make sense. The issue here is maintaining fullness in the upper part of the breast, which implants do better than lift alone. Other options include an internal bra with SERI Scaffold or GalaFLEX mesh, and fat grafting.

Richard Baxter, MD

Tummy Tuck, Breast Lift or Lipo: What procedures would you suggest?

You are an excellent candidate for a Mommy makeover.In your case, a short scar or vertical breast lift without implants, VASER liposuction of your whole back, waist hip rolls, abdomen, bra rolls and possibly a tummy tuck. This will make you more sculpted with a smaller waist line and perkier breasts.From the photos it is difficult to appreciate the abdominal skin and muscle laxity. During an in office consultation and examination I can decide if you need liposuction only or an abdominoplasty as well. See a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in these combined body contouring procedures. Good luck.

Sorry but the photos are inadequate to make any worthwhile observations or any recomendations for you in particular. If you like you can resubmit photos that go only from collarbone to pubis, front and side and taken by another person with your arms at your side. But if you have had pregnancies, you would probably be a good candidate for all 3 procedures you mentioned.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

"Mommy-Makeover" to Getformer Body Back

Thank you for your questions and photographs.  May women experience pregnancy changes like yours, and it is possible to make a substantial improvements in your shape.  You may be able to have either liposuction or a tummy tuck, depending on how much extra skin you have and whether your abdominal muscles are in good position. If you are happy with the size of your breasts, you will not need an implant.  A breast lift can help recreate a good shape. An in person exam is the best way for you to think carefully about all of your choices and decide what is right for you. I would be happy to meet with you in Seattle to discuss your options.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

A tummy tuck with muscle repair and breast lift may be your best option

Thank you for your question.  Close-up photos would be more helpful.  Based on the distant photos it does appear you have loose abdominal skin and some protrusion of your muscle which may indicate a split abdominal muscle.  Only based on those photos a tummy tuck may be your best option.  If you do not want your breast larger then a breast lift will improve the shape of your breasts.  However if you want fuller breasts a breast implant may also be required. 

Is very important to consult a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person examination and formal consultation to give you a proper answer.

Decison on Procedures

Thank you for your pictures.  I would recommend a tummy tuck to improve your abdominal contour.  You could have just a lift but if you desire to at least keep your desired size then an implant in addition to a lift would be necessary.

Earl Stephenson, Jr, MD, DDS, FACS