Age 29. My Face Looks Sad. Recommendations?

I'm 29y.old,I noticed lots of changes on my face.don't know when and how that happened,5 years ago I liked what i was seeing in a mirror..not any more,I look okish when smiling or when i lie down,otherwise my face looks sad.(I call it mops/pug look),Don't know if buccal fat removal+smart lipo(face)+ cheek&lip implants will do for now or am I looking at a face lift (if so what type? my photos now(colour)and what I'd like to look like(me-7years ago(b&w).Thank you for all suggestions on procedures.

Doctor Answers 4

Sad face treatment.

Definitely no fat removal. If anything, fillers would give you more youthful fullness in your face. You have a slight amount of excess skin in your neck and only a necklift will fix that when you are ready. You have early jowling with a depression in front of that that can be handled by fillers or an implant depending on your goals.

Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 34 reviews

Best Treatment for 29 Year Old Female with Sad, Volume Depleted Face

Hi Poland,

You appear to be an excellent candidate for the addition of volume to your face.  I would treat you with Sculptra.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 36 reviews

Juvederm works for upper cheek fullness.


You have some atrophy of fat in the upper face. This makes you look gaunt, a little older, and "sad".

Restoring upper cheek fullness with skilfully applied fillers will make a big  difference. Fat injections also work, but that's surgery.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)
Manhattan Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 9 reviews

Early facial aging

You don't have great genetics unfortunately and are showing signs of facial aging (jowls, neck laxity, cheek descent) usually reserved for 45+ year olds.  You need a facelift to get the best look but fillers can help in the meantime.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS
Seattle Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 67 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.