Which procedure should I have first? TT or BBL with Lipo? (photos)

Hello Doctors! My C-Section scar/area is still very sensitive and is bothersome due to the overlapping skin. I am highly concerned with the aftermath of aggressive lipo to my lower abdominal area because it is already very sensitive. I don't know if having that area lipoed will make it worse. One surgeon said to do the TT first to avoid edema.

BBL and TT with Lipo at the same time

This is an issue that there does not seem to be a consensus on.  There may be increased risk with combining procedures and the recovery from the BBL typically requires you to be off of your backside while the recovery from a TT typically benefits from laying on your back bent at the waist.  For that reason, I prefer to stage them with the order determined by the patients desire.
Dr. Pyle

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Which procedure should I have first? TT or BBL with Lipo?

I would only combined in a hospital setting. If you are out patient or office surgery than separate the procedures... 

The answer to your question is a little more complicated.  You could have the tummy tuck done first to remove the irritated area then the lipo and BBL.  However, the result will not be as tight as lipo and BBL first and then tummy tuck.  Both can be performed at the same time, but the upper abdomen cannot be aggressively liposuctioned at the time of the tummy tuck due to blood supply issues. 

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts and tummy tucks each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

BBL after a tummy tuck can give great results

In my experience, doing the tummy tuck first will give you a flatter belly and allow you to heal.  Then, the BBL can be done and a lot of fat can be removed from the belly area as well.  This is great because it will just add to the flatness of your already flatter belly that has had the tummy tuck.  Thanks for your question!

Dr. Schreiber

Tt and BBL

You are a perfect candidate for a tummy tuck to get rid of the flaccid skin on your abdomen and sides, also a muscle repair in order to achieve a nice flat abdomen and a tapered waist. The Csection scar will get removed with the TT incision. 
A mild liposuction can be done to your upper and Lower back to improve the shape of your back and waist and also to use that fat to do a fat transference into your butt (BBL) and hips. 
Safety is priority so in order to stay in the safe side lab work will be mandatory to check if you are candidate to do all of the procedures together. 
You will end with a beautiful result!!!
have a great journey
Dr. Cardenas

TT or BBL

I agree with doing both at the same time however it would be safest to be able to stay overnight in a hospital or other facility. Be careful when choosing your surgeon and good luck.

Combination surgery, BBL and abdominoplasty

Depending upon your overall health status you may be a candidate for both the abdominoplasty and BBL with autologous fat transfer at the same time.  

Tummy tuck or Brazilian butt lift.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who does a ton of both, and who has prevailages to do so at a local hospital, and you may find that doing both is ok.
All surgeries carry risks and surgeries that require a prolonged anesthesia time are riskier than others. If a patient fits certain criteria and allowes my staf to monitor her in the immediate after surgery stage I will do both. The key question is this-barring reasons that exclude you as a candidate for both-how many combined tummy tucks and bbls has the surgeon done? If the answer is many, and you can talk to some of the happy patients who have had both, consider it seriously. Good luck and choosing the surgeon is more important than choosing which surgery to do first or whether you should have both done.

Ayman Hakki, MD
Waldorf Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck or Liposuction

Dear MilknHoney,
  Thanks for submitting your pictures. When a patient like you come to my office I recommend tummy tuck first for the following reasons : 1. You have significant skin and muscle laxity from the chest bone to the pubic bone. Only tummy tuck will give you a flat and attractive stomach. 2. Your body posture will change after tummy tuck and there will be less stress and pain on your lower back. 3. It is very likely that you will lose a significant amount of weight after tummy tuck which will make you more comfortable and healthier. Quite a few of my patients lost over 40 pounds after tummy tuck. 4. The scarring of the skin flap in the abdomen after liposuction will harden the skin so tummy tuck result will be less than optimal. I do always, tummy tuck first and lipo 8 weeks or longer after that.
 As far as BBL, do not waist your time and money on it because the fat does not last beyond 6 - 12 months as I have seen on many patients who came to my surgery center for butt implants after having done fat injection by other surgeons. Your best option is butt implants because they do not disappear and you can get the size and shape that you need or desire.
    Always, consult with board certified plastic surgeons and check their before and after pictures to make sure that you like the results.
                                    Dr Widder

Definetelly breast reduction

firstly  mastopexy must  be suggested    meanwhile  if you could loose  at least  12 lbs more on your actual weight  could  be much advisable and  safe  for  your  TT and  perhaps BBL

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon