Best Procedure for Reversing Fat Grafting to the Cheeks?

I had fat grafting to my cheeks on May 22, 2010 and it looks pretty awful. I look like I have a chubby face. It has gone down since having this done, but not enough. Three questions: 1. What is the best procedure to reverse this? 2. How long should I wait before seeking a reverse procedure? 3. Can you recommend a surgeon in Charlotte, NC?

Doctor Answers 4

I don't like my fat grafts

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

at three months you should be pretty close to your end result. there will be some changes up to six months. I would use microliposuction to help remove the problem areas. On rare occasions we have to make small incisions to remove the fat


Dallas Plastic Surgeon

Reversing fat injections

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Before trying to reverse the fat injections with procedures that might give you irregular thinned out or depressed areas, you should wait a few more months as it might still decrease considerably.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 39 reviews

Excessively chubby cheeks after fat grafting with injection

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Depending on the depth, a few solutions can be tried. Low dose injectable steroids will promote fat atrophy. If superficial radiofrequency treatments such as thermage may be beneficial. Lastly surgery or liposuction may be used bu tI would advise waiting a minimum of 6 months.

Otto Joseph Placik, MD
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 86 reviews

Fat Transfer

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

recommend to see a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON who you repect and can work with.

Must ave an experience in fat grafting. Initially may be a little of liposuction can resolve your problem, if not then a full face lift is needed.

Remember do not get upset with the new doctor if one procedure did not work. Revisions are very difficult. It is trhe problem of the first surgeon. What i am saying DO NOT TRANSFER THE ANGER

Samir Shureih, MD
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.