Best Procedure for Moderate Sun Damage?

My Dr. has recommended Edufex but I have very sensitive, thin skin and am wondering if there is a better procedure for me? I am 60 years old and worried about skin cancer. I have numerous severe sunburns as a young adult. Thank you

Doctor Answers 1

Topical treatments for sun damage

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

In patients with diffuse moderate to severe sun damage, Efudex cream can be used to treat both subclinical and clinical actinic (sun) damage.  There are multiple FDA approved topical treatments for actinic damage including Efudex, Carac (a lower strength topical similar to Efudex), Aldara as well as several new products.  It is advisable to be evaluated by a board certified dermatologist so a treatment regimen can be tailored to each patient's individual situation.

Houston Dermatologist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.