What procedure is best for me: lipo or tummy tuck and how much weight must I lose before getting procedure? (photos)

I am 23 years old I have three children weigh 190 lbs 5'5" tall my breast are 36d I also want a breast lift and was considering a brazillian butt lift.

Good candidate for abdominoplasty if no further pregnancies are planned.

I don't think liposuction has much of a role for your abdominal wall. You seem to be an excellent candidate for an abdominoplasty. Further weight loss is not necessary.

Mommy makeover options

Dear Mommadee22,

You have several great options for improving the shape and appearance of your breasts and body.  There is no doubt that a tummy tuck, breast lift, and liposuction of the lower back would be great options for you.  You will have to decide if you want to have the fat removed placed into your buttock as a Brazilian buttock lift and if you would like to have breast implants in addition to your breast lift.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Mommy Makeover

From the photos it certainly looks like you would be a good candidate for a Mommy Makeover. A full Tummy tuck and breast lift will address your areas of concern. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring and Aesthetic Breast Surgery for a consultation and more details. The key to long standing success is to be at a stable weight. Make sure your lifestyle is such that you don't gain the weight back after if you do have surgery or you will likely be unhappy, this is also important in maintaining a stable result when fat grafting. If you can get your weight as low as possible the risks of healing from a tummytuck will go down significantly. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck! Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Mommy makeover

Thank you for the pictures.

I believe that you're the ideal candidate for a tummy tuck with muscle repair, liposuction in the waist, upper and lower back with fat grafting in to buttocks.

A breast lift is definitely necessary and it would be beneficial and in combination with breast implants would also enhance your appearance. 

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Best body procedure- What combination is right

Thanks for sharing your photos.

Based on what I see it seems that a combination of procedures would give the most dramatic contour change. A tummy tuck could be performed with or without liposuction, but if there is excess thickness toward the hips and in the love handle regions then liposuction can be a useful adjunct.  Brazilian butt lift could also be performed in this setting.

Before deciding on any of these procedures it is important to visit with a board certified plastic surgeon.  An in person exam is recommended to determine the amount of looseness to your skin and determine if you are a good candidate for these procedures.

Best of luck to you

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

For the abdomen you need a tummy tuck with or without liposuction. Brazilian Butt Lift can be done at the same time. The breast need to be addressed separately and when you loose the weight.
Samir Shureih MD.FACS
sshureih@msn.com

Definately lose the weight first

In my opinion, weight loss should come first. Based on your height you need to lose approximately 40 pounds, if possible. This would put you at a more ideal body weight and will allow for exact determination of your breast volume requirements. Additionally, if you have surgery and then lose the weight afterwards, your result not be as good, due to the additional skin laxity which will occur. Once the weight loss is complete it appears that a lift/reduction and tummy tuck may be required.

Itzhak Nir, MD, FACS

About the Mommy Makeover & Ideal Weight for Surgery

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  #MummyTummy is a term given to modified tummy tucks which can use liposuction and skin tightening with radiofrequency such Vanquish, Vela3, thermage, thermiRF and others.  The actual fat contouring can be done non-surgically as well with #UltraShape or Cool-Sculpting. 

It is best to undergo #MommyMakeover procedures when your weight has been stable for at least one year. In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity. 

Abdominoplasty After Children

Dear Mommadee

When I see women in consultation after child bearing we do discuss both abdominoplasty and liposuction.  In general most women have so much extra skin after babies that liposuction alone won't give them the correction they are looking for.  In addition, a tummytuck provides the opportunity to tighten the abdominal muscles, which makes a huge difference in the outcome.

I encourage you to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area to discuss the options that will best meet your needs and goals.

Kaye Riolo, MD
Fresno Plastic Surgeon

The right candidate for a mommy makeover

Mommy makeover candidates are those women who desire an improved shape to their breasts. This can include a breast lift with or without breast implants and sometimes a reduction. For the belly portion, a mini tummy tuck, full tummy tuck, or even circumferential tummy tuck can give you the look that you want. Thanks for your question!