What Procedure Can Be Done to Fix my Smile? (photo)

When I smile, my lips and the area around my mouth sinks into my face causing my cheeks to stick out more. My lips and the area around it tends to seem a tad masculine when relaxed (not smiling). Is there any way to fix this? 

Doctor Answers 3

Facial plastic surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Your problem is more of a facial plastic surgical than a dental. Although, the photos here don't represent your problem adequately, I can suggest you two procedures from what ever I see and what ever you explained.
1. A filler into laughing line.
2. Botox injection.

How to fix my smile?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Many options- plastic surgery along with dental care or either one or the other... Veneers, Orthodontics, Crowns, Bonding the decision will depend on cost and time and what will be acceptable to you for an end result good luck Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD   CEO Baystate Dental PC

Kevin Coughlin, DMD
Springfield Dentist

This may be something to ask a plastic surgeon

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your concern seems to be more with your lips and cheek bones and not the teeth. You also did not show a front view photo so I cannot even comment on the position or arrangement of the teeth. Certainly the teeth affect the lip support but this seems like a job for a plastic surgeon. You may need some Botox/filler combination to address the issue.

Good luck

Dr. T

Mauricio C. Tijerino, DMD
Miami Beach Dentist

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.