Can Any Procedure Balance out the Sculptra Overfill?

18 weeks ago I was injected with two vials of sculptra in the orbital cheek area and jaw. My face is so out of proportion now, I get stares everywhere I go. One cheek is significantly bigger than the other cheek, the malar bags have been exagerated due to the collagen growth with my under eye area being quite hollow in comparison. My face is quite broad and masculine now. Is there any procedure that would balance out these features such as a mini lift. Please help,

Doctor Answers 4

Procedure to Balance out Sculptra Overfill

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Sometimes you can even it out by putting more Sculptra or Radiesse to balance the face. Putting filler in doesn’t actually have to make the face look bigger. It’s all about facial balance and making sure that the jawline, the cheeks, the nose, and the chin are all in proportion to each other.

New York Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 68 reviews

Is there a procedure that may balance out Sculptra overfill?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I'm sorry to hear about your asymmetric result following Sculptra treatment. An in-person examination would really be necessary to provide you with the best advice. Sculptra is not permanent, and the natural contours of your face will eventually return. Facial fillers may help balance out your asymmetry in the meantime.. I would not recommend having any sort of facelift procedure to help improve your appearance.  This is something you may want to do after the effects of the Sculptra have worn off. I would seek the opinion of a qualified facial plastic surgeon to determine your next step. Thanks and best of luck!

Sculptra overfill

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You should consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to determine what the best treatment would be for you.  It is possible to use a filler such as Juvederm or Restylane to make your face more symmetrical and cortisone injections may help.  Remember that in another 6 to 12 months you will start to lose the Sculptra effect so having a temporary procedure now rather than permanent surgery may be better.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

You might also like...

Can any procedure balance out the Sculptra ovefill?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It's hard to suggest a treatment/procedure without seeing you. It's best to come in for a consultation and see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to assess the area and give you the best possible answer and treatment.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.