Having a Problem with Keeping my Implants Up. What Can I Do? They Dropped Lower Than Dr. Said.

They have dropped past where my dr said they should and not near him to get advice had it done about four months ago still in my surgical bra cuz so nervis to wear a reg bra what should I do to keep them up. Also have been tryn an ace wrap

Doctor Answers 5

Revision breast augmentation will lift implants.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}


Unfortunately, there is nothing that you can do by yourself. If they look too low, then they are too low.  If you just don't like them, i am afraid you will need a revision to create a higher fold under the breast implants.  This could be done in a couple of months.

Manhattan Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants low on chest?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It is hard to say what would be best for you withotu seeing you. You should be able to contact your surgeon to ask what he prefers.  If they are dropping lowe at 4 months, the likelihood that a bra or band wil lhelp at this point is probably close to zero.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

Breast implants laying lower on the chest wall

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It sounds from you description that the implants may have bottomed out. This may need to be addressed surgically with a capsulorrhaphy or use of a ADM. You need to follow up with your doctor or another board certified plastic surgeon.


Good Luck

Send your doctor some photos

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You should send your doctor some photos of where your result is currently and they should be able to give you some advice.  Good luck.

Breast Implants Dropped To0 Low?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for the question.

It is not possible to give you precise advice without examination and/or viewing pictures.

Given that you are a distance from your plastic surgeon, it may be best for you to communicate with him via e-mail ( consider sending pictures).  Otherwise you may need to see a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon in your area.

If your implants have “dropped too low” then revisionary surgery may be necessary.  If this does become necessary, make sure you seek consultation with plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation.

Best wishes.


These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.