Fullness in lower abs after abdominoplasty (not fluid) - uneven suture tension? Healed excellently (Photos)

I am healed excellently, no problems with swelling or fluid. Now 8 months post op. Fullness in my lower abdomen remains. You can really see it when I fully contract my abs - lower abdominal wall does not pull in level with the upper abs. My doc said he made me as "tight" as he could, that's it's hard to get the lower abs tight... Is this normal? I didn't have much fat 71" tall 172# today (and on surgery day). Should I expect him to retry to tighten just the lower? Do docs redo such cases?

Possibility for Revision to Remove Loose Skin

Revision surgery is unusual but may be desired for several reasons. Most revisions should be done after 9-12 months.  One cause for revision surgery are “dog ears” at the ends of the incisions. These are small folds of excess skin that do not flatten over time.  They can be excised, suctioned or both. Scars may widen or continue to be red and elevated.  These may require laser treatment or injection with kenalog and 5-FU.  Excision and reclosure may help some scars. Other treatments are available as well. Excess fat or loose skin may require liposuction and skin excision to obtain the best result. These issues would be best to return to your discussion and evaluation to determine if a revision would help. If you are not happy with your initial result he should listen to your comments and concerns. Good luck.